AnsweredAssumed Answered

Another newbie - trying to get multiple service history attached to client's piano

Question asked by donl1150 on Jan 31, 2011
Latest reply on Jan 31, 2011 by philmodjunk

Title

Another newbie - trying to get multiple service history attached to client's piano

I am a piano tech.  Tyring to set up a database to keep track of my clients and the work I do for them.  I know I need lots of tables and have used the Invoice solution as a template.  I have doctored it up slightly and imported my 500 customers along with their addresses, phone, city, st, etc.  All that is fine.

I have a separate table for Pianos, since a client can have more than one piano.  Have succussfully connected the client and piano tables.  Now I need another table for the service call work done on the pianos each time I visit.  I want to capture at least the date and several catagories of typical work I do on each piano.  There can be many service calls during the year.

I am struggling with how to get more than a single service call to show up on the customer info page.  I had previously added a new tab for History with the tab tool and made the connection to the customer record.

Looking forward to some tips.

Don

ps - I apologize in advance for not knowing all the terminology.  The world of data bases is new to me.  I get the basics of one-one, one-many and many-many but there is SO much more to learn.  I am still in week one of the free 30 day trial of FMP.  I know this program will do everything I want it to do but am struggling justifying the $300 with such a steep learning curve invovled.

Outcomes