AnsweredAssumed Answered

Any way to get value list values from a repeating field?

Question asked by mattb on Jun 17, 2013
Latest reply on Jun 18, 2013 by philmodjunk

Title

Any way to get value list values from a repeating field?

I'm trying to create a value list which shows just 5 values which come from another field in the same table.  I can't use a custom list because the values are not known ahead of time.  I don't want to specify the field that the values come from originally because that's going to show too much.  I tried using a Global field with 5 repetitions, but it seems you can't specify a field's repetition # in the value list definition.  Specifying the Global field in the value list setup just returns the value in the 1st repetition.   It would be nice to be able to create a value list from a set of 5 global variables, but that can't be done either.

The situation is this:  I have a Transactions table of almost 40,000 records.  This table contains multiple transaction entries for multiple customers.  I'm trying to stuff a dropdown with the 5 most recent transaction #s for a given customer.  I can't use the Transaction # field itself because that would show ALL the transaction #s for a customer instead of the 5 most recent.  I can get the 5 most recent transaction #s into the Global field using 5 repetitions, but am stymied by what should be a simple task...any suggestions?

Matt Bloomfield

Outcomes