AnsweredAssumed Answered

Anything more sophisticated to generate graphs by month based on dates in FM 11?

Question asked by PecCars on Feb 5, 2011
Latest reply on Mar 3, 2011 by philmodjunk

Title

Anything more sophisticated to generate graphs by month based on dates in FM 11?

Currently migrating an app from MS Access 2003 to FM Pro 11. I have several graphs that are generated based on date fields, as in Inquiry::InquiryDate or Inquiry::BookingDate. Basically I need to generate counts of these fields and put in a graph. The reports need to show monthly data although the dates in those fields will obviously be exact dates including the day.

While browsing through the forum I found a suggestion that goes as follows: create a calculated field for each record so that it calculates the first day of the month.

Easy, yes but ... in the case of my apps it means generating another 20 fields in the table considering the several date fields that it includes in the first place and considering that I will need to do something similar for the yearly comparisons.

In MS Access I can create on-the-fly fields in the report as opposed to adding clutter to the table with calculated fields.

Any suggestions if FM Pro 11 offers something similar ?

Outcomes