2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 25, 2011 11:35 AM by DanielClark

Anyway to have a database incrementally auto-create a runtime of itself?

DanielClark

Title

Anyway to have a database incrementally auto-create a runtime of itself?

Is there anyway, with a database running - that I can either make a script, or find one - that will create a runtime solution of itself and save it to a specified location - like say 3 times a day or something? Obviously the database would be running on FM Pro Advanced. Thanks.

• 1. Re: Anyway to have a database incrementally auto-create a runtime of itself?
          philmodjunk

Not as far as I know.

The run time FILE and the original file are nearly identical (and will contain the same exact data). Why save a run time?

If you create a run time, binding your file to this run time, you can still open and use that file with FileMaker Pro (or advanced) and then a Save A Copy as... script step can save the file periodically to the directory where you've put the run time file solution with it's executable and support files. The existing file will be overwritten while the other files remain unchanged. Since the original file was bound to this executable and thus has the same bind key, the new copy will run in the place of the original.

• 2. Re: Anyway to have a database incrementally auto-create a runtime of itself?
            DanielClark

Ah thats not really necessary. I think we can just either use Automator on the mac, or just remember to save off a few runtimes to different employees' macs at the end of every day. The runtimes are just for personal reference to the database when were doing work on the road. Thanks