App loses "focus" when returning from an automated report (layout)
Consider the following in my app:
- From Contacts layout (main window) I have the option of opening Bookings (a dialogue layout) in a separate window on top.
- From Bookings I need to generate a report automatically via a push button ...
this means I assign a script to the push button. The script in turn will
- call a separate layout, (New Window, Go to Layout)
- perform a search with the new layout (Enter Browse, Perform Find, Sort Records)
- save the report as PDF (Save Records as PDF)
- close the search layout (Close Window)
- and return to the window Bookings. (how do I do this ? Currently it returns directly to Contacts layout)
I get also an error later ... if I call the Bookings layout and try to edit some fields I get the message "This record cannot be modified in this windows because it is already being modified in a different window." But in fact there is no other window open. What do I need to do to go back to the layout Bookings after the report is generated ?