1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 3, 2014 10:45 AM by MaxEh

Appearance - InFocus

MaxEh

Title

Appearance - InFocus

I applied an InFocus to a floating text box (i.e. not a defined field in a table). This text box sits behind a record row and I have defined no colour for Normal, a green for hover and a yellow for InFocus. All the fields are also set to no fill colour. There is an attached script that takes the user to a form view of the current record. In the form view another script takes the user back to the list view and InFocus highlights the row from where the user came. Useful in a screen full of rows in a list to help focus where they were. Wonderful feature I thought :(

Works great in one layout but I cannot for the life of me get it to work in any other layout list/form combinations that do exactly the same thing. Anyone have an idea of what is going on? I have tried copying the layout where it works and using that as the list view but no luck. Could the attached scripts be interfering? Is it something to do with applied themes? I am at a loss.

Martin

• 1. Re: Appearance - InFocus
          MaxEh

I figure it out. In the List View I had given the floating text box an object name ( I used Row). The script captures the record number and stores it for the return journey. On the trip back there is a Goto Record/Request to the stored record number, a Goto Field is specified as is the Goto Object (InFocus Row) triggering the InFocus fill colour (in my case yellow) followed by resetting of stored values. 

After I wrote the post yesterday I reflected on what I had written and realized I may not have checked my scripts in detail. In the end I found two scrips with the same name which caused part of my confusion. This is visually helpful when returning to the List View. A highlighted row is a lot easier to see than the active record indicator on the left side of the window and makes stepping through a list of records easier as you can see where you were. Good even in a sorted list.