1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 15, 2010 8:23 PM by AlanGreen

appending multiple data from a single popup

AlanGreen

Title

appending multiple data from a single popup

I have literally spent hours reading posts and can't find anything on point.

I am converting my handbase files to filemaker pro so I can use filemaker go with my iphone ...

In handbase I created a relationship between my work order database and my chemical and parts databases.  In the work order file I could use a popup database to append multiple chemicals to a single chemical field in the work orders database, or multiple parts to a parts field in the work order database.  

I have created the popup in my new filemaker pro 10 work order data base.  I can't seem to figure out how to use the popup to append multiple chemicals to a single chemical field or multiple parts to a single parts field in the work order data base. I entertained using a repeating field for this which worked but I'd rather just append the data.  

If using a repeating field is the only way to go then I need to be able to display the repeating field vertically instead of horizontally.  I used to be able to do this in filemaker pro 3.0 but I can't seem to do it in filemaker pro 10.  When I updated my filemaker pro 3.0 files to filemaker pro 10 ... the vertical presentation carried over.  In future applications I'd like to learn how to display repeating fields vertically.

Thanks for any help with these issues ...