It sounds like you have "Native AppleScript" checked. This may be better handled, especially when running shell scripts, to use Calculated AppleScript.
I have tried both methods and get similar results (i.e. error messages about syntax)
I finally got things figured out. Here is what I ended up with in my script:
#Some ideas and syntax help gotten from: #From FMForums ( http://fmforums.com/forum/topic/87573-upload-contents-of-container-field-to-ftp-mac-os-applescript-technique/? hl=applescript): # # #Can't be locking the record out... Commit Records/Requests # Set Variable [ $FileName; Value:GetAsText (Base64_Results::Image_c) ] Set Variable [ $DeskPath; Value:Get(DesktopPath) ] Set Variable [ $PathIn; Value:$DeskPath & $FileName ] # Terminal command doesn't like the volume name in the path, so remove…. Set Variable [ $UnixPath; Value:Middle ( $DeskPath ; Position ( $DeskPath ; "/" ; 1 ; 2 ) ; Length( $DeskPath ) ) & $FileName ] # Export Field Contents [ Base64_Results::Image_c; “$PathIn” ] # Set Variable [ $Script; Value:"set var_b64Result to do shell script \"openssl base64 -in " & $UnixPath & "\" "& ¶ & "set cell \"b64_encoded\" of current record to var_b64Result" ] # Perform AppleScript [ Calculated AppleScript: $Script ]
I did end up with using 'calculated result' in my AppleScript step, but had to massage the inclusion of double quotes and the like into the terminal command. Seems to work well now!