AnsweredAssumed Answered

Application for Windows AND Mac

Question asked by JPRohrer on Jan 10, 2013
Latest reply on Jan 11, 2013 by JimMac

Title

Application for Windows AND Mac

Hi,

I'm comming from the Windows world and have a seemingly easy problem to solve.

I have to create a small application requiring a tiny database (5-6 tables, maybe 100 records, or so) and I did it with MS Access. It works fine and the interface is nice.

Among the 7-8 users, there are two who work with Mac, so the Access application on our server does not work for them.

I've been searching for days to find a solution and was ready to re-write it in FMpro, since that way it would be usable in the two worlds. But while reading through the tutorials, I learned that you need two different runtime objects for Mac and Windows, so would that mean that you'd have two different databases as well? This would, of course, not be a solution to my problem at all!

I also read that you cannot create a Mac rutime on a Windows machine and vice versa?

So, after all, FMpro is not a soluton for my problem?

(I do not want to go through all the trouble to install MySQL on a server and try to write the user interface (the most important part of the application!) in PHP!)

Thank you for any help!

Outcomes