1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 7, 2010 10:50 AM by philmodjunk

Applying multiple values from one field to one record

ex5931

Title

Applying multiple values from one field to one record

I have inventory that needs to be applied across several different stores, but I don't want to apply one piece of inventory to each individual store. I have made a checkbox set to apply to multiple stores, but the calculations don't apply across all the stores, just the most dominate store, I believe. For example if I got a shipment of eggs and I want to send them to stores A,B,C and D and I check all of those in my check box set, it would only calculate what store A needs for inventory times the cost of eggs, I want it to calculate what A, B, C, and D are calling for in eggs and times it by the cost of eggs. Then I want to be able to look at it in a portal and have it only calculate that one stores cost for eggs. 

• 1. Re: Applying multiple values from one field to one record
          philmodjunk

Think of this like an invoice where you are buying product for several recipients (your stores) on a single invoice. The amount shipped to each store would be a separate line item entry on your "invoice".

You'd need a related table that itemizes the amount set to each store and where you'd compute any store specific calculations.

To complete a shipment, you'd enter data for each store in a separate row of a portal.