1 Reply Latest reply on May 27, 2015 8:48 AM by philmodjunk

Applying values to found records

CodyKrauskopf

Title

Applying values to found records

I'm tasked with writing a tool for people to assign products to categories for an online store. We want to be able select(find) related products and then assign them to their categories. 

-Root

-Sub

-SubSub

Now, every product can be in multiple categories and I made this work for individually assigning the categories using another table that has ID, SKU, Root, Sub, SubSub   and for every additional category, I just add an additional record. 

My issue is I need to be able to allow someone to assign the same root/sub/subsub to all records in the found set. So say they choose all products by XYZ manufacturer, how would I allow them to assign the same root/sub/subsub in mass? 

What I really wanted to be able to do was have 3 popout menus that are calculated so that only categories that exist can be selected. Then the user selects the Root(parts), Sub(Green), SubSub(Grass) and then the user clicks a button to apply these to all records in the found set. This would reset the popout menus to blank so that they could apply an additional category set to them.