AnsweredAssumed Answered

Applying values to found records

Question asked by CodyKrauskopf on May 26, 2015
Latest reply on May 27, 2015 by philmodjunk

Title

Applying values to found records

I'm tasked with writing a tool for people to assign products to categories for an online store. We want to be able select(find) related products and then assign them to their categories. 

-Root

-Sub

-SubSub

Now, every product can be in multiple categories and I made this work for individually assigning the categories using another table that has ID, SKU, Root, Sub, SubSub   and for every additional category, I just add an additional record. 

My issue is I need to be able to allow someone to assign the same root/sub/subsub to all records in the found set. So say they choose all products by XYZ manufacturer, how would I allow them to assign the same root/sub/subsub in mass? 

What I really wanted to be able to do was have 3 popout menus that are calculated so that only categories that exist can be selected. Then the user selects the Root(parts), Sub(Green), SubSub(Grass) and then the user clicks a button to apply these to all records in the found set. This would reset the popout menus to blank so that they could apply an additional category set to them. 

Outcomes