AnsweredAssumed Answered

Assign Same ID Number to Multiple Cases and Getting Found Set List

Question asked by Jerten81 on Mar 26, 2009
Latest reply on Mar 27, 2009 by philmodjunk

Title

Assign Same ID Number to Multiple Cases and Getting Found Set List

I have two problems I'm looking for help with both coming from the same scenario.  For the sake of an example let's say I have a database of NFL players and I want to send an email regarding all players in a current found set.  I want to be able to automatically assign a serial number "EMAIL ID" to each player in the found set i.e. my found set contains the players Tom Brady and Peyton Manning and I want to send an email to regarding both.  Is there a way that I can automatically assign the same ID number to all records in a given found set?  Secondly, I'm having a problem getting the email itself formatted the way I want it.  I want the email to look like the below example:

RE:

Tom Brady

Peyton Manning

\\Email Text\\

I have no problem pulling the email text from a global field but i can not figure out how to list the entries in a found set as formatted above.  I've tried using the List(Fieldname) function but it only lists the current record when I use this i.e. just Tom Brady.  When I tried to modify it to use a related table i.e. List(Related::Fieldname) it lists all values in the field and not just the ones from the found set.  Is there a way I can get a list of the players in the current found set listed one after the other with carraige returns as above? 

Thanks. 

Outcomes