3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 23, 2013 7:10 AM by photowyzard

Assigning a Script Command to a Custom Dialog Button to Abort script?  Possible? How?

photowyzard

Title

Assigning a Script Command to a Custom Dialog Button to Abort script?  Possible? How?

I have a script that uses the Show Custom Dialog box.

It takes the user to a new Layout and gives them a Choice:  OK or CANCEL

OK: Enter the layout and Fill in some data

or leave (well... not quite yet, this is what I want)

CANCEL: and leave, except it currently isn't doing anything.  It just shuts the window down and the user enters the layout anyway triggering all the other scripts.  I can stop this, but ... please read on.

I would like to send the user back to the LAYOUT he came from BEFORE he opens the NEW layout window and triggers some other scripts.  My guess is, where to position the Custom Dialog box command in the string of other commands and aborting it before the rest trigger.  The rub is.... how to abort.

I would like to have the CUSTOM DIALOG box open before he actualy enters the new layout and creates a new record.

If he aborts, by clicking the CANCEL button selection, he simply stays where he is in the original layout and moves no further.

Is this possible?  Mind showing me how to work with the Dialog Box buttons? I have looked at my books and at the options and I can't figure this one out or even if it is possible.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

Art