AnsweredAssumed Answered

Assigning more than one type to a field

Question asked by Sunny1 on Oct 26, 2010
Latest reply on Oct 29, 2010 by philmodjunk

Title

Assigning more than one type to a field

I am working in Filemaker Pro and have a database of schools and school districts.  There are Public, Private and Charter type schools within each District.  I have assigned a type to each school.  We do have several schools that are Public Charter schools.  I have portals on each school district that have tabs for Public, private and charter schools with detail listed on each tab in a portal.  I want to have this special type of school "Public School-C" for charter to be listed on the portal for public schools but I can't figure out how to get it there.  The portal draws records from "Public School" table and this school is listed in the table but it does not show up in my portal.  I have a field for cPublicKey = Public Schools which ties everything together but I need to be able to have it say cPublicKey = Public schools or Public Schools-C and I have tried to write it several ways but it doesn't work when I go back to the Public Schools portal, it shows no records.  Is there a way to do this or another way to show multilpe types in one portal?

Help!

Outcomes