3 Replies Latest reply on May 1, 2015 10:07 AM by SteveMartino

Assistance needed with report form

MichaelHammond

Title

Assistance needed with report form

Hi All

let me firstly say I don't code so I know that will make things difficult

I am a paramedic and have written a patient records database

I need to show NAME   DOB   PHONE  for patients who have been transported to hospital - I have a checkbox to say they have been transported - just need to get the NAME   DOB   PHONE on to a report and have it add to the list each time the checkbox is checked on a new patient

can anyone assist me please

Mike

pic shows checkbox (transported by ANSW)

couldnt work out how to add a second image showing the report sorry 

Screenshot_2015-04-28_17.04.48.png

• 1. Re: Assistance needed with report form
          SteveMartino

For the second screen shot just add it in 'Post a new Answer'

What happens at the end of the day,week,month?  Do you then need to clear the checkboxes?

A simple report would be another layout with the fields you need.  You could put an OnLayoutEnter script trigger that performs a find for a value in the checkbox, sorts by last name

• 2. Re: Assistance needed with report form
            MichaelHammond

Hi Steve

we export to XL and save at the end of each job

I have the report layout which collects other data we want to add

patients NAME DOB and ADDRESS to the the report

the list needs to be ALL transports

would appreciate any help as I do not know how to script

mike

• 3. Re: Assistance needed with report form
              SteveMartino

It's hard to give exact advice without understanding your structure.  Some more questions.

1.  Can you post a pic of your relationship graph, and your dashboard layout and report layout in Layout mode? I'm specifically interested in seeing what TO the report is based.

2.  The 'To Hospital by ANSW total, where does that number come from?

3.  Where do you want the name, DOB & address to appear on the report? 

I think what may be easiest is a portal at the bottom of the report layout (depending on the layout/relationship) with the fields for Name, DOB & address.  Depending on the relationship, it may be as simple as having the portal only show records where the checkbox is selected.  The problem would then be a method to clear the checkboxes (maybe after the report is submitted, maybe not.  Unfortunately this destroys historical data).  I'm kinda thinking the portal works like the typical line items model of an invoicing solutions, where you create line items (people who are being transported).

After all of this is sorted out, a script, if needed would most likely be quite simple.