1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 17, 2013 2:10 PM by philmodjunk

Assistance with Many-To-Many relationship(s)

jkostenbader

Title

Assistance with Many-To-Many relationship(s)

Hello all...I've read a number of articles on this and watched some videos and I thought I had it down but these something is not working quite correctly. Here's the gist of what I'm trying to do

I'd like to begin creating a CRM of sorts. Essentially the beginning would like like this. 

Each "Account" could be assigned any number of "Employees" and similarly each "Employee" could be working on more than one "Account".

Also..

Each "Account" could have more than one "Contact" and of course each "Contact" could possibly be associated with more than one "Account"

I've attached my relationship here for your review. I've created two join tables that I think are configured correctly. Somehow my "join" tables are not populating AND as you can see from the preliminary Accounts layout each time I add an employee, I'm getting the same Employee ID (somehow).

Any advice on my relationship structure would be appreciated. Not sure if the problem is in the database structure or the prelininary layout. Ideally I'd like to be able to click on a button inside the portal that would automatically send me to the related employee on the employee layout

screenshot.jpg