AnsweredAssumed Answered

Attaching multiple files to multiple records?

Question asked by JessicaFiorini on Feb 29, 2012
Latest reply on May 8, 2012 by JessicaFiorini

Title

Attaching multiple files to multiple records?

Hello,

I have a database that is tracking the writing of math lesson manuscripts. I have two related tables. One table is comprised of the immutable lesson information. One table is the task record. They are related through a Lesson ID serial number.

When I receive a manuscript from a writer, I save a reference into a container field on the appropriate task record. And change that status to review for our math experts. This works well for now, as we aren't recieving huge deliveries of manuscripts yet. It will be very tedious, at some point, to attach these manuscripts manually.

Some further information is that the file paths of these manuscripts will almost always be the same except for a couple of unique digits that exist in the file name and the lesson name.

Is there a way to do a search in the lesson table for the appropriate collection of lessons and then attach files to individual task tickets based on a combination of the file path and the unique digits? So can I look for geometry grade 7, which results in 8 records, and then through a looping script use the file path to determine which file needs to be attached to which record? resulting in that lesson 070301 gets the file 070301 and so on?

Does this make sense?

Outcomes