AnsweredAssumed Answered

Auto assembly of line items or portal?

Question asked by Rune on Dec 2, 2010
Latest reply on Dec 5, 2010 by Rune

Title

Auto assembly of line items or portal?

Hi,

I am really struggling with this and my eyes are bleeding from searching on Google for answers for what feels like an eternity, so I am going to have to ask you:

On my main layout form [Orders] the user goes through some steps to determine which kind of solar system he wants to build. These steps consist of drop-down lists, which eventually help determine which items, and how many of these items, go into that system.

The business distributes 6 solar system sizes, but there are quite a few variations in each size, such as whether tin or tile brackets are needed, qty of rails etc.

Basically the above mentioned drop-downs determine exactly which system the customer needs. What I would like to do is to have a button at the bottom of the form which, when pressed, will automatically build the correct system assembly. 

On the [Orders] layout I currently have a conditional value list in a portal to Line Items and this works perfectly in building these system manually. I am, however, finding it really difficult to script an automatic assembly for this portal. Am I doind this the wrong way, do I need to script the auto assembly to go through Line Items directly instead?

Hope it makes sense to you lol

Outcomes