2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 7, 2013 11:54 PM by KristofJanezic

Auto Conditional Format through a Script

KristofJanezic

Title

Auto Conditional Format through a Script

Hello,

I am trying to do something that is a little out of the ordinary. But Filemaker can do anything you make it put its mind to :)

I am a lighting designer and I use my filemaker for cue lists. For my spot ops I have 10 Gel frames. What I would like to do is make it so that when I put in a color label for the frame the field will change color. This is easy to do through conditional formats, but the amount of gels that may be used are in the hundreds. I managed to find an excel document with Red/Green?Blue percentages for every Gel made by the three main manufacturers (Lee, Gam, and Rosco). My question is if I can find a way to conditionally format the field through a script or a calculated result (i.e. format(red;green;blue)) where the red, green, and blue in the calculation are pulling those values from field in records, one for each color, then I could potentially conditionally format these frame fields based on the values of previously entered records in another table which would be found based on the color I enter into the Frame Label field (lets say "L202" or "R39"). Where the (red;green;blue) format pulls its information could come from a global field made for each frame (Frame 1 Red, Frame 1 Green, Frame 1 Blue, Frame 2 Red, etc.) that would change whenever I validate the Frame field.

So long story short, is there a way to conditionally format a fields fill color within a calculated result using the (red;green;blue) format in the script without using the traditional conditional format method?

Thank you for any help!