3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 8, 2014 5:53 PM by TimRogers_1

Auto Create multiple records in secondary table based on found records.

TimRogers_1

Title

Auto Create multiple records in secondary table based on found records.

Hi,

So I have an Inventory Database that I have created for my restaurants. It tracks all the inventory from each supplier and links it to my menu to keep accurate food costs, and it works pretty well.

I want to be able to use it to do inventory counts across my locations. So what I need is a script that will take all of the inventory items and their price and create them in a COUNT Table with a count field, a location field, and a date field.

I thought of a script to export a found set of records from the INVENTORY Table to a file and then re importing that exported file into the COUNTt Table, which I think could work. but there must be a simpler, more internal way to do this?

I realize I could also just have related tables and they select each product from a dropdown list or something that would create each record, but that makes things a little complicated doing counts and I would like to have a sorted list that my managers go through to make sure everything is counted.

Thanks in advance for any help.