AnsweredAssumed Answered

auto enter info from Field A on Layout A dependent on selections in Fields B

Question asked by RelativeNewbie on Aug 23, 2014
Latest reply on Aug 28, 2014 by RelativeNewbie

Title

auto enter info from Field A on Layout A dependent on selections in Fields B&C on Layout B

I don't know if the title is clear enough, but this if what I'm aiming at...

I want the charge rate on my Employee's forms to auto populate base on which department they are in and what their skill level is.  The departments are being pulled from a value list that points to a  table called DEPARTMENTS, in which there are currently 8 entries.  The skill levels are being pulled from a value list in which I've manually typed the following :

Trainee
     Semi Skilled
     Skilled

The DEPARTMENTS table has fields named Trainee Charge Rate, Semi Skilled Charge Rate, and Skilled Charge Rate.

So basically if Employee A is a Trainee working in the Joinery department, his charge rate should look to the Joinery entry in the DEPARTMENT table and see what the Trainee Charge Rate is.

I've tried various calculations and can't seem to get this right but them I've only just downloaded a trial version to see if it will work for my new company and have absolutely not experience in writing databases but am a very quick study.  Any assistance would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Karen

Outcomes