AnsweredAssumed Answered

Auto Enter value based on two fields' values?

Question asked by MarkRiddle on Aug 19, 2014
Latest reply on Aug 20, 2014 by philmodjunk

Title

Auto Enter value based on two fields' values?

Is it possible to auto enter a number value in a field, based on the values in two other fields?  AND have that change based on various combinations of values in each field that are not numeric values?

Let me explain:  I have a database for tracking employees that take trainings.  I would like to have my database automatically enter the number of hours for a particular training into a field based on: 1) if the training module name equals a certain value (i.e. Basic Training) AND 2) if the attendnace field is "not empty" or checked for the date of that training.  

For example:
     If my "training module" field is set to "Basic Training" AND the attendance field is check, the auto entered value in the "hours" field should be 3
     BUT, if the "training module" field is set to "Crisis Training" AND the attendance field is checked, the auto entered value in the "hours" field will then be set to 6
     AND if the "attendance" field is empty  or unchecked, the auto entered value is 0, no matter what the "training module" field is set to.

Is that possible?  I hope that made sense.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Outcomes