Title

Auto Field Generation - Creative Ideas Needed

Working with FMPro 11 Advanced

Database Name: Data Warehouse

Tables: 
     Workhorse Data
     Workhorse Styles
Relationship: Style Number & Season & Year

The Workhorse Data table contains a record for each style number and color. So one style may have 5 colors resulting in 5 records for that style. The Workhorse Styles table imports each unique style and then uses a portal to show all the colors related to that style for that season. 

The purpose of the database is to analyze the color choices for a style and determine which color of a style should be photographed and which colors can be simply "cloned" from that first photo. So in my example of 5 colors for a style it may break out to this:

Color 1 - Red - First choice to shoot
     Color 2 - Navy - Not first choice but ok to shoot
     Color 3 - Green - Not first choice but ok to shoot
     Color 4 - Purple - Not first choice but ok to shoot
     Color 5 - Plaid - Must shoot on its own

In this example there would be two shot notes created.

Shot Note One
     Preferable Color
     Red
     Also Available
     Navy
     Green
     Purple

Shot Note Two
     Preferable Color
     Plaid

I've been challenged to eliminate as much typing as possible - to save time as well as improve accuracy. So I have a field called Shot Note (calculation). What I have invisioned in my head is some part of the shot note will automatically populate from other fields. But as for colors, the user will click on a color on the portal and it will populate the designated area Preferable Color or Also Available. The end result is what you see below. It needs to be in one field (so it can be imported into another program) and the spacing/hard returns need to be the same.

Preferable Color
     Red

Also Available
     Navy
     Green
     Purple

Style with a belt<----- This is another field that will automatically populate

Style View - Front<-----This is another field that will automatically populate

Notes<----- This is another field that will automatically populate

So, the final question is, what is the easiest way to get those colors to populate based on the user selection. My first thought is a script trigger when selected but how do I differentiate between the two categories? That is only one of my questions but let's start there for now. 

Your creative suggestions are appreciated.

Outcomes