2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 21, 2011 9:38 AM by philmodjunk

Auto Fill Question

gldiaz

Title

Auto Fill Question

Hi,

I am in need of a little help when trying to autofill my database with

Company "Address Infomration".

I have a table that I've imported from Excel.  I am able to create a Drop down with the names of businesses as a value list, but

I have not discovered how to go and auto populated related fields to the company that I am working with.

Presently:  I can Select a chosen company from a drop down list, but  the autofill for the other relative fields, i.e  address, city, st and ph. , is what, I can's seem to figure out, because down the road, I will also need to figure out "the running total number of times, I have made "NEW" entries into each compnay.

So, help on autopopulating related info to a selected company name would be appreciated.

Thnks in advance for your help.

Gil

• 1. Re: Auto Fill Question
          LaRetta_1

You have not indicated how you are currently structured.  Ideally, you would have a Companies table containing Company name, address etc.

"I have not discovered how to go and auto populated related fields to the company that I am working with"

... then I assume you have ANOTHER not-yet-identified table where you select the Company name from a drop-down and you want the Company data to auto-fill in this other table?  Is it something like Invoices where you must plant the address as static data?

• 2. Re: Auto Fill Question
            philmodjunk

You may want to read this tutorial. It spells out two approaches that work. The results from each are quite different so you have to evaluate the needs and function of your database to decide which option is the best one for your project: Auto Fill