AnsweredAssumed Answered

Auto Popuating Data Entry Portal Fields

Question asked by GregO'Connnor on Dec 19, 2012
Latest reply on Dec 19, 2012 by philmodjunk

Title

Auto Popuating Data Entry Portal Fields

I'm working in FIlemaker Pro Advanced 12.  I'm working with 3 tables Client, Department and Staffing.  I have a Drop down box to select the Client Name from the Client table and another to select a Shift Date to be written into the Staffing Table.  I have a portal which allows for Data Entry into the Staffing Table below the Drop Down and Shift Date selection . I would like to populate the Shift Date and Departments in the Data Entry portal based on the which client and shift date were selected. Below is table diagram . I'm novice with Filemaker by the way

Client Table                              Department Table                          Staffing Table

Client ID  <---------------------> Client ID                                                Shift Date

Client Name                             Deparment ID      < ----------------->   Department  ID

Department Name <-----------------> Department Name

Field 1

Field 2 .......

Outcomes