1 Reply Latest reply on May 1, 2013 3:39 PM by philmodjunk

Auto Populate but still have ability to manually change Auto Populated selection

EricCrespin

Title

Auto Populate but still have ability to manually change Auto Populated selection

My next small problem is some how using an auto populating feature. 

Goal: Auto Populate Flavor Column in Portal with Flavor selected above; With the ability to manually change flavor for a member base off of information displayed in Show Dialog Box by clicking Yes under issues. 

In my current setup, when the flavor is selected up top only the first record in the portal is auto populated. Also, if I change the Flavor auto populated in the portal, it will change the flavor selected for the delivery. 

I am thinking this is because I have both the Flavor fields define with the same field from the same table occurance. 

Goal.jpg

• 1. Re: Auto Populate but still have ability to manually change Auto Populated selection
          philmodjunk

Yes. The field at the top of your screen references the first of many related records--which is the same record as the first record in your portal.

If you are attempting to select a flavor once and have it modify the flavor selection for all the records in your portal, you'll need to do this differently. One option would be to apply your previous lesson (the yes/no field) in reverse and define the flavor field in Delivery Record.

Another option would be to make the field shown in the top of your screen a global field and use a script to update the flavor values in each of the portal records.