5 Replies Latest reply on May 4, 2009 11:18 AM by philmodjunk

Auto Reminders

dinora

Title

Auto Reminders

Can I program FM to issue reminders so that when I change the status of a booking from quoted to Confirmed - I get a reminder to invoice the booking?

• 1. Re: Auto Reminders
          mrvodka
             What version of FM are you using?
          • 2. Re: Auto Reminders
            dinora
               FM 10
            • 3. Re: Auto Reminders
              philmodjunk

Do you want your reminder to appear automatically the instance you do this or do you want the user to see a reminder at a scheduled date/time?

If you want it to appear immediately, you can use the Show Custom Dialog script step to pop up a reminder message to the user. Since you are using FMP 10, you use a script trigger if you want.

• 4. Re: Auto Reminders
                dinora

Hi Phil

I am using FM 10 and I want to see the reminders come up as a schedule. lets say when I open the database in the morning if I go to a layout called reminders then I should see anything I need to do.  And if possible even create the emails on draft to email the reminders to clients pending for me to click a send button

Can this be done ?

• 5. Re: Auto Reminders
                  philmodjunk

"Can this be done ?"

I don't see why not. You'll need a table where you can create records, 1 record = 1 scheduled task/reminder. You should be able to come up with date and text fields for each item you mention. You can use File Options to specify that a script run when you open the file. That script can look for "new" reminder records and display them for you if any are found. 

"And if possible even create the emails on draft to email the reminders to clients pending for me to click a send button"

You have a Send Mail script step that can pull together data from multiple fields into a complete message and then pause for additional input if you don't select the "run without dialog option."