I wish we could do that, but you can only set up fields to shrink to fit, not expand to fit. And this effect is only visible in Preview mode, when printing or when saving a PDF.
Best you can do is set up a special layout for this purpose and set up the field to be very large, then set it to both slide up and also to resize the enclosing part--these are options on the Inspector's position tab.
Key facts about sliding layout objects:
- It's only visible in preview mode and when you print/save as PDF...
- Sliding fields will shrink but not expand.
- All layout objects below and in the same layout part as the slide/resize field need to also be set to slide up and resize.
- Objects in headers and footers will not slide.
- Portals will shrink/slide to fit the number of rows of records, but fields within the portal row will not shrink/slide.
- Fields will slide up only if Top alignment is specified for it and will slide left only if Left alignment is specified.
- Consistent side borders are difficult to achieve with sliding fields.
I have already made the field extra big and chose the option to slide left and slide up. Here is a screen shot of it. The problem is it even if there is 2 lines in that field it still doesnt bring the remainding text below it up. Here is a screenshot
Check out Item #3 in my list.
Is the text you've added to the layout's leading grand summary part to label your columns of fields in the body also set to slide up and resize?
Got it! Thank you!