AnsweredAssumed Answered

Auto update of records when fields change

Question asked by DavidLoveridge on Aug 8, 2013
Latest reply on Sep 18, 2013 by DavidLoveridge

Title

Auto update of records when fields change

Hello Everyone,

I have a database that is a contacts database of sorts. The problem I am having is getting a particular field to update when I update a record on another table

There is a table called Courses and it has list of course names in it. Its just a plain text field. The Courses table links to a second table called Join. The Join table is basically an intermediate table in between the Courses table and People table  to sort out a many to many relationship between Courses and People (another table). The records in the Join table are created from a portal field in the People table.

When the records are created in the Join table, there is a field for 'Course Name' in the Join table and this is a value list based on the 'Course Name' field in the Courses table. So when I create a record in the join table the record of the course name in the table is static.

What I want to do it change the way the Course Name field in the join table access the Courses table so when I change the name of a course in the courses table all the records in the join table are updated.

How can I do this?

Let me know if more information is required.

Thanks in advance.

Outcomes