AnsweredAssumed Answered

Auto-Complete feature question. Can the auto-complete options be set to occur anywhere in the field...

Question asked by AdamStrong on Mar 25, 2013
Latest reply on Mar 26, 2013 by philmodjunk

Title

Auto-Complete feature question. Can the auto-complete options be set to occur anywhere in the field entry?

Hello,

I have been using Filemaker for several months now and I am wondering if there is the ability to have the auto-complete feature, when typing in an entry where it autocompletes  when, that which is typed in is anywhere in the text of records in that field.

For example. If I had a field with types of animals.

Record 1:  Grey Whale.

Record 2:  Blue Whale.

Record 3:  Blue Dolphin.

Record 4:  Bottle-nose Blue Dolphin.

And I use the auto-complete feature and type "Blue", only records 2 and 3 would show up. However, I would like 2, 3 and 4 to show up instead as options to select. I understand I could make different fields and have layouts with each field so the user could search each field independently. But I want something that the user only has to type in one field to find. It seems if I want the program to give me all records in that field with "Blue" it would show records 2-4 but it will not have auto-complete options to choose from those 4 records. Thank you for your help!

- Adam Strong

Outcomes