2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 16, 2010 6:30 AM by ianmanning

Auto-Enter looked-up value, frustrating results

ianmanning

Title

Auto-Enter looked-up value, frustrating results

In my line items table I have 3 fields which use Auto-Enter looked-up values

The 3 fields each get their values from a price list table

The fields are Part Number, Part Description and Price

Field PartNumber lookup based upon the relationship matching the entered PartDescription.

Field PartDescription lookup based upon the relationship matching the entered PartNumber

Field Price lookup based upon the relationship matching the entered PartNumber

So if either the PartNumber or PartDescription is entered the other field will be entered automatically. This works great however the price field only works if the PartNumber is entered it remains blank if the PartDescription is entered.

I assume the process which stops the two fields endlessly causing the other to be looked up, is the reason that the Price is not looked up if I enter the PartDescription.

Is there a simple way to get the price to lookup. I am trying to avoid using Record Relookup field contents as the fields are in a portal so I would have to switch layouts to the LineItems and find the correct record(s) every time I add a new line item in the portal.

Thanks in advance for your help and Ideas

Best regards

Ian