2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 18, 2013 11:47 AM by philmodjunk

Auto-Populate Invoice Line Items based on checked options in product details :-/

Flick

Title

Auto-Populate Invoice Line Items based on checked options in product details :-/

Hi all, 

Been using FM for a year or so now, and very new to scripting etc. 

I have been looking through previous posts on this matter that are similar to my query, but way too over my head to for me to translate to my needs.

Anyway, I'll have a go at explaining the situation clearly:

I would like to select a "package option" from a dropdown list (top grey bar i.e. Starter Pack) when i'm creating an invoice, which is linked to related "package option" in products (See 2nd image with 5 check boxes).                                       

When a package is selected, I want all the products with matching package selected, to be imported into line items of that invoice. 

So far, I have created the "Package" field and ticked all relevant items.

I've made a drop down button within the Invoice Details template which llinks to Package values.

I thought I might need a button next to this list to action the import (Load Quote)? Or is that making things more complicated than necessary?

Eagerly anticipating any help you wonderful people out there can offer.

Many thanks 

FM-TS.jpg

• 1. Re: Auto-Populate Invoice Line Items based on checked options in product details :-/
          Flick

Or, would it be easier to create new items, as the package,  and in the Associate Products section of the product detail page, add all packaged items which automatically import to line items when that product is selected?

Hope that isn't confusing... Any ideas welcome :-)

• 2. Re: Auto-Populate Invoice Line Items based on checked options in product details :-/
            philmodjunk

Is there only one such "package" or might you at some point in the future have multiple packages?

The button approach can work well for a single or limited number of package deals, but there are ways to include "package" records in your products table with a self join relationship and a script that identifies when a user selects a package and then uses the self join relationship pull in the list of items that make up that package.

This second option is probably the one you found that is "way over your head", but it's also a much more flexible approach once you get all the necessary parts set up and linked in.