1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 21, 2014 8:26 AM by philmodjunk

Auto-Selecting a Portal Row inside of a Slide Control

AdamQuintero

Title

Auto-Selecting a Portal Row inside of a Slide Control

I am running the following script at the OnPanelSwitch trigger of a slide control with a portal on "slide 4":

Freeze Window

If[PatternCount(Get(TriggerCurrentPanel); "slide 3") > 0]

Go to Portal Row [Select;First]

Loop

Exit Loop If[PortalTable::portalkey = $$portalKey]

Go to Portal Row[Select; Next; Exit after last]

End Loop

End If

I watched each step in the debugger, and the problem I am having is the focus seems to leave the portal right after the script executes it's last step. The correct row is found and selected, but after scripting ends it is no longer selected. Am I using the correct script trigger for this function? No other scripts are executing after this one at the trigger OnPanelSwitch.

• 1. Re: Auto-Selecting a Portal Row inside of a Slide Control
          philmodjunk

OnPanelSwitch is a "before the event" trigger. It performs its designated script, then the event that tripped the trigger, selecting the slide 4 panel, is processed and thus the focus is lost.

You can keep "before" triggers from being messed up by the triggering event if you end your script with:

Exit Script [False]

For a list of all script triggers in a table which shows which are "before" and which are "after" the triggering event, see "setting up script triggers" in FileMaker Help.