AnsweredAssumed Answered

Auto-serialization Issues

Question asked by kingsley47 on Aug 3, 2012
Latest reply on Aug 15, 2012 by philmodjunk

Title

Auto-serialization Issues

I am trying to make a hardness test report. The report basically consists of two databases, one being used as a portal reference and one as the main databae interface. The report is set up so that each part gets tested three times. Those values are typed into specific portal fields, then the values are averaged and the average shows up in a fourth portal field. I have a fifth portal field that acts like serializing counter. The field puts a 1,2,3...in front of the hardness test values to indicate 1st part tested 2nd part tested etc.... It does this automatically.However, it has some issues with the functionality. If I have to go back and fix a typo in a hardness value field that I had typed in earlier, then the serialization restarts itself from that line and stops iterating for any new lines.

I also don't always want the serialization to start at 1, so I have made a field where you type in the value you want to start with and the serialization will begin with that number instead of 1. This seems to work unless I have to go back and re-type in a hardness value. It restarts the serialization from 1. Trying to make this work is a bit above my skill level with FMP and I'm not going to be able to do a great job of explaining how I even got the serialization to slightly work. So here is a link with the file. Looking at it will probably make it easier to see what I've done. The layout to go to is called hardness testing.

http://www.4shared.com/file/ukQZf8XO/Mechanical_Testing_Results.html

If anyone can help me get the auto-serialization to work correctly, I would really appreciate it.

Outcomes