2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 15, 2010 8:52 AM by philmodjunk

AutoFill depending on value in range

JasonHyde

Title

AutoFill depending on value in range

Hi,

I am struggling with creating an autofill type field based on another fields value. I'll explain.

I enter a date in to field1, I also have records that have this structure:

Range1 - Start Date, End Date

Range2 - Start Date, End Date

So if my date entered is within Range1 I would like field2 to autofill to Range1's Label. Each range is unique and does not overlap, so there is no conflict. It's a tracking problem - I need to know where something is depending on the date it was created.

Anyone suggest a solution?

Cheers,

Jason.

• 1. Re: AutoFill depending on value in range
          sunmoonstar.13

In addition to what you've described, I presume you also want field 2 to show Range 2's label if the date in field 1 falls within the second date range? If so, then try this:

Set up field_2 as an unstored Calculation field with this basic calculation:

Case ( field_1 ≥ range_1_start_date and field_1 ≤ range_1_end_date ; "Range_1_label" ;

field_1 ≥ range_2_start_date and field_1 ≤ range_2_end_date ; "Range_2_label" )

What will happen is this:

If the date in field_1 falls within Range 1, then field_2 will return the text "Range_1_label".

If the date in field_1 falls within Range 2, then field_2 will return the text "Range_2_label".

Nick

• 2. Re: AutoFill depending on value in range
            philmodjunk

This calculation need not be unstored.