AnsweredAssumed Answered

Autofill/autocomplete certain fields with relative information from a different database

Question asked by JavierTormes on Aug 25, 2013
Latest reply on Sep 7, 2013 by philmodjunk

Title

Autofill/autocomplete certain fields with relative information from a different database

Before posting this I’ve searched and searched, the problem is I don’t know what exactly to search not in english neither in spanish.

So, here’s the thing:

I’ve made a small database for some actors I work with, with some info about them and the current work they’re doing, so far so good.

But I would like to make another database with the contact info of their managers, so that way, I could just select the manager from a list on the field “manager”, and the phone numbers and the emails pop in the corresponding fields “phone 1” “phone 2” “email 1” “email 2”.

I suppose this is posible, I just can’t figure out how, additionally I’m no expert on relations among databases or tables.

Athough I do speak some english, don’t be afraid to talk me like a 5 year old kid.

I'm putting some screenshots of what I mean to happen (it's simulated manually). Behold the fancy animation I've made for you.

fancy-animation-.gif

Outcomes