AnsweredAssumed Answered

Automate copy and paste of data from one file to another using a button and script

Question asked by FranciscoMainou on Feb 11, 2014
Latest reply on Feb 11, 2014 by philmodjunk

Title

Automate copy and paste of data from one file to another using a button and script

Intro:

Hi, I am working on a data base for medical records called: “PersonKjema”. It contains information on different examinations of a given patient and also basic information such as: ID-number and Full-name.

Separately, I have other databases files to type the results of medical Test, for example:

“Flue TEST”

“Ultrasound Test”

When clicking on File>Manage>Database , I import those tests and set relationships of fields like the ID-number and Full-name in the “PersonKjema” file and vice versa. I also click on the option: “allow creations of records when…” and “delete records when…” in order to relate fields.

Problem:

When opening “PersonKjema” file, I want to use a button that performs a script in order to open one of the test “FLUE TEST” (for example) and automatically take the ID-number and full name of the patient (present Record)  and paste on the “FlueTest” then I will type information of the test itself.

My wrong Solution:

I set up the button to perform a script called: “OPEN FLUE TEST” and I set the script to do:

Copy [selectet; Personkjema: ID-number]

Open File [Flue Test]

But it seems not working. I have been analyzing an similar example from an old data base that we have and it works , but I am afraid , I am missing something to do this extraction of some data from the current record of a data base into a another one.

Any suggestion?

I have also added a line Paste [selectet; Personkjema: ID-number], but not improvement at all.

Outcomes