3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 16, 2010 2:56 PM by philmodjunk

Automatic Customer Editing

JohnPierce

Title

Automatic Customer Editing

Currently our invoice screen requires that you click the 'Edit' button in order to edit the customer information for the invoice in question. I want the script, that fires when the Edit button is clicked, to fire when ::Customer_Name_Final field has value.

I do not want to rely on our employees to manually check that an existing customers information is correct. If that customer information screen pops up automatically, that will solve that issue.

Does anyone know how to do that?

Thanks,

John Pierce

excelcycle

Excelsior, MN.

• 1. Re: Automatic Customer Editing
          philmodjunk

"I do not want to rely on our employees to manually check that an existing customers information is correct. If that customer information screen pops up automatically, that will solve that issue."

I can interpret your post more than one way.

How does your invoice function currently?

What events precede ::Customer_Name_Final displaying a value?

Does the user find or select a customer from an existing list or table?

• 2. Re: Automatic Customer Editing
            JohnPierce

The user enters (usually) the customers last name. When they hit 'Enter' FM searches for matches. If it finds just one then it populates the (in my particular case) field called customer_invoice_ref::Customer_Name_Final.

As soon as that field gets a value, I would like the 'Edit Customer' screen to appear with all of that particular customers information showing.

Does that help?

Thanks,

John 

• 3. Re: Automatic Customer Editing
              philmodjunk

Sounds like you have a script trigger set on the last name field. You should be able to find this script and modify it to do what you want. I have no way to tell exactly how the script was written, but it's very likely that it's performing a find on the "edit customer" layout. If so, you may need to do no more than add a go to layout script step to bring up this screen. If this screen normally pops up in it's own window, you may also need to add code to do this in a new window.