1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 6, 2012 9:22 AM by philmodjunk

Automatic update of stock items

TeodoraKolarova

Title

Automatic update of stock items

Hello, I'm bigginer in Filemaker Pro. Excuse me, if someone else had been asked the same question.

I'm working whit starter solution Invoices, but I made a lot of changes on it. 

So, in Table Product I put field open stock quantity, sold quantity & rest quantity.

In Table Line Item I changed Order Quantity from 1 to different sold quantities ( 2, 3, 4 etc.).

But now I don't know what function I have to use for automatic update of field Rest quantity.

Excample: I have 3 pc boats in open stock (Table Products), new record Invoice 1 i sell 1 pc from these boats, In new record Invoice 3 i sell again 1 pc from these boats.

So, what I have to do to see in Table Products for Record Boat - sold quantity 2 and in field rest quantity 1 (automatically)

• 1. Re: Automatic update of stock items
          philmodjunk

While not the method I prefer, the starter solution already has scripts and fields for managing inventory levels. What is the purpose for making these changes?

I prefer modifying line items to work as an Inventory Ledger where each time a group of items are added or removed from inventory, a record is added to this field documenting the change and then summary fields compute the current amount in inventory for each item in Products. This method allows you to see how your inventory levels for each product change over time--which can help you establish effiecient restocking levels.