4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 7, 2013 12:49 PM by philmodjunk

Automatically CC Someone On A PDF Email Attachment

VincentCapone

Title

Automatically CC Someone On A PDF Email Attachment

Hi,

I have a quote database.  After the quote is complete we run a Send Quote script which saves the current record as a PDF and does an email attachment. I am trying to incorporate an automatic CC to the email using a calculation based on the salesman which is in the quote.   Looking at the way it is done in the attached script image, can this be done?

Thank you,

Vinny

Quote_Script.JPG

• 1. Re: Automatically CC Someone On A PDF Email Attachment
          philmodjunk

Copying the value to the clipboard won't help and you should clear the "email" option in save as PDF and use the Send Mail script step instead.

You can use set variable to capture that email in a variable and then you can set up the CC box in the Send Mail dialog to refer to that variable to get the email address into the CC portion of your email.

And you can click the Attachment check box in the send mail script step and type in: $filename to attach the email to the PDF your script has created.

Note:

Use of the Copy script step should be avoided when at all possible. It replaces any data the user has copied to the clipboard with data copied by this script step. That confuses and irritates users when data they have copied mysteriously disappears. Almost always, you can use Set Variable and Set FIeld in place of copy and paste and thus leave the clipboard unmodified by your script.

• 2. Re: Automatically CC Someone On A PDF Email Attachment
            VincentCapone

Understood.  Thank you. 

• 3. Re: Automatically CC Someone On A PDF Email Attachment
              VincentCapone

Ok, Everything works excellent... from a PC.  The iPad however using FMGo will not attach the PDF file using send mail.  Any suggestions?

Thanks

• 4. Re: Automatically CC Someone On A PDF Email Attachment
                philmodjunk

I'm still learning the ins and outs of iOS devices myself. I suspect that your variable's value won't work on iOs devices. You may need to specify something like this for that variable:

Set Variable [ $FileName ; Value: Get ( TemporaryPath ) & "Quote#...

Either that or there are special characters in your Filename that are OK for the name of a file on the PC but not for an iOS device.