3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 22, 2012 9:54 AM by philmodjunk

autopopulate a calendar date

RobertA

Title

autopopulate a calendar date

Hey guys!

got another quick question for ya'll!

I am atempting to have a script or conditional format that autopopulates the current date into a field when a specific radio button is selected.  it seems simple enough, but I dont know how to create a calculation that tells filemaker to put a changing date, not a sate that i have pre-selected...

here is what i have so far...

If [waste tags::containerstatus = "bulked"]

set field [ waste tags::date processed; timestamp (date (2 ; 15 ; 2012) ; Time (8 ; 74 ; 0)

end if

I know this isnt much, but i appreciat any help!

thank you!

• 1. Re: autopopulate a calendar date
          philmodjunk

set field [ waste tags::date processed; Get ( CurrentTimeStamp) ]

You can probably get rid of the script if you use this as an auto-enter calculation with the "do not replace existing value..." option cleared:

If ( containerstatus = "bulked" ; Get ( CurrentTimeStamp ) ; self )

Look up theGet function in FileMaker sometime and review the list. This is a "swiss army knife" type of function that returns many different useful values depending on the parameter used.

• 2. Re: autopopulate a calendar date
            RobertA

Thanks again phil!

You are da man!

I will check out the Get(flag) functions online and take a look at all the possible "flag" fuctions!

your help is always appreciated!

• 3. Re: autopopulate a calendar date
              philmodjunk

In specify calculation, if you select "get functions" from the "view" drop down, you'll see a comprehensive list of all get functions appear in the box below it--which can simplify building your calculation.