Average of a field value in specific records
I know this topic is being discussed again and again but I could not find any post on this forum helping me out. Here's my issue:
- I have created a first table which includes two number fields (F1 and F2).
- Both fields can contain any figure.
In Browse mode, I have created 4 records.
- record 1: F1=2 and F2=100
- record 2: F1=2 and F2=200
- record 3: F1=1 and F2=80
- record 4: F1=1 and F2=120
- I would like to use the first field (F1) to calculate separately the average of F2 (150 for record 1 and 2, 100 for record 3 and 4).
- This calculation should display in a second table in a new field (F3).
I have tried the calculation and summary option but failed miserably so far. With the calculation option, I am struggling with using/combining pre-defined formulas to build something similar to a "vlookup" or sumif or averageif formula. With the summary option, the problem seems to be that calculations are possible for fields available in the same table where I have created my summary field (2nd table) - hence cannot run calculations using fields in my first table.
Can anyone help?
Thanks in advance for your feedback.