AnsweredAssumed Answered

Aviation Photo Database

Question asked by GarethForwood on Jul 22, 2010
Latest reply on Jul 23, 2010 by GarethForwood

Title

Aviation Photo Database

Hi all,

I've finally settled on FM to create a database for my large collection of aircraft photos (yes, very nerdy, I know :P). I am using FM for Mac, and would most definitely consider myself a beginner with FM.  I have set up all the fields and the relationships I need, and the autofill lookup is working perfectly.  

Basically the database consists of 3 tables:  Aircraft, Airports and Photo Database.  References are set up so that I enter an aircraft registration and the remaining aircraft information fills in automatically (similarly for the airports).  

I am now wanting to add some more advanced features to the database as follows (I have included a screenshot from layout mode):

1. In the airports table, I am hoping to add another field that consists of a custom list dependent on the airport itself.  Basically I want to select an airport, then select a particular location from a list of locations that are specific to that airport only.  How would I go about doing this?
  2. I would like to set it so that when I click a button located below the original photo (which will be a RAW photo file with .CR2 extension) it opens the file in Adobe Photoshop CS5.  Similarly, I would like the edited photo to open in the default photo browser.  Is there an easy way to do this?
  3. The JetPhotos_ID (bottom right) is only useful when the Editing_Process (bottom left) is set to a particular value.  Am I able to hide the JetPhotos_ID option at all times, except when the Editing_Process is set to a particular value (in this case "Accepted")?

I am sure I will have many more questions as I progress with this project.  Many thanks for any help that can be offered, it is sincerely appreciated.

Gareth

Screen_shot_2010-07-22_at_9.33.23_PM.png

Outcomes