4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 30, 2011 4:01 AM by schnook

backup 2 databases with one script

schnook

Title

backup 2 databases with one script

Hello all

I have a script to backup our radio log database shown below,

Set Variable [$Radio_Log_VMR466; Value:"backup_" & DayName(Get ( CurrentDate))]

Save a Copy as ["$Radio_Log_VMR466"; copy]

What i would like to do is add our Membership database into the script as well.

Both databases are open during the day and when the operator exits the program for the day i would like for the script to create a backup of our membership database as well.

Or is there any way of adding the DayName(Get ( CurrentDate)) to what is shown below

filewin:/D:/VMR466Database/RadioLogVMR466.Backup.fp7

Regards

schnook

• 1. Re: backup 2 databases with one script
          philmodjunk

Option 1: Write a script to save a copy of the file in the second file. In your first file's back up script, include a perform script step that performs this script in the other file.

Option 2: Write the same script, but use file options on that file to set this script to run automatically when the file is closed. If this is a shared database, you may want to use Get ( UserCount ) in this script to count the users and make the backup copy only when the host is closed (count = 1) or when the last client closes (Count = 2 ).

• 2. Re: backup 2 databases with one script
            schnook

Hey Phil

Thanks for the reply, am i wright is saying this, the script below

Set Variable [$Radio_Log_VMR466; Value:"backup_" & DayName(Get ( CurrentDate))]

Save a Copy as ["$Radio_Log_VMR466"; copy]

run script

Set Variable [$Membership_VMR466; Value:"backup_" & DayName(Get ( CurrentDate))]

Save a Copy as ["$Membership_VMR466"; copy]

then enter the same script as above except for the membership database

Regards

sdhnook

• 3. Re: backup 2 databases with one script
              philmodjunk

You would put the first script in the Radio Log file and the second script in the Membership file. Then it's still undetermined which method you intend use to automate the process so that one user action (closing the files, clicking a button) is all that is needed to back up both databases.

• 4. Re: backup 2 databases with one script
                schnook

Thanks Phil

I have used an exit button setup, thanks again

Regards

schnook