3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 25, 2012 9:06 AM by philmodjunk

Backup Printouts of All Scripts

HUNTER

Title

Backup Printouts of All Scripts

Hi. Is there any way to print out all my scripts one after another? I am able to print them out one at a time, on one sheet of paper at a time, but some are so short it seems a waste.

Thanks,Hunter

• 1. Re: Backup Printouts of All Scripts
          philmodjunk

If you were to acquire FileMaker Advanced, you could use the Database Design Report to list all your scripts.

Why do you need to print out all  your scripts? I can't quite see the value to doing that.

• 2. Re: Backup Printouts of All Scripts
            HUNTER

Thanks so much for your quick reply. II would like to have a hard copy backup of my scripts in case I should ever have to rebuild from scratch. Just had a scary glitch here!

• 3. Re: Backup Printouts of All Scripts
              philmodjunk

A better source of protection is to make numerous sequential backups of your file. This protects a great deal more than just your scripts and can be automated so that you can turn it on during development and get a back up copy of the file as frequently as every 15 minutes. This not only protects you against possible file corruption--a rare occurrence but also against "devloper remorse"--which can be quite common. ("Developer Remorse" is what I call it when I make a major design change to a database undergoing development and then decide the change was not a good idea and have to revert back to what I had before I made the change.)

See this thread for how to set up a system of automated, sequential backups of your project: Saving Sequential Back Ups During Development