12 Replies Latest reply on Aug 31, 2012 9:42 AM by philmodjunk

bad filemaker11..see it why..

ibnalkatib

Title

bad filemaker11..see it why..

in filemaker7 we can do exe file to run in all system and all pc..now how can do that without runtime developer!????

second ask ..why i have this problem when print arabic word or export it like pdf??

i think nt find answer like the past..or wht..

plz any help to finsh it..

error.png

• 1. Re: bad filemaker11..see it why..
          ibnalkatib

NO ANSWER..REALLY NO HERE GOOD EXPERANCE TO HELP..SORY ALL..BT THAT'S TRUTH..

• 2. Re: bad filemaker11..see it why..
            philmodjunk

I'm afraid that we can't really understand your question.

FileMaker Advanced can produce runtime versions. Advanced was one time referred to as FileMaker developer.

Not being able to read Arabic, I have no idea what is wrong with the circled text.

You also haven't told us what version of Filemaker you are currently using nor what method was used to create the PDF--you can print using the PDF option on Mac systems, Print using a PDF utility on Windows Systems, or you can use Save As PDF to generate the PDF file.

• 3. Re: bad filemaker11..see it why..
              ibnalkatib

i ask how can creat exe fp7 in filemaker 11 advance...like filemaker7 it's have tools to do exe file..that's first..

the sceond problem when export record as pdf appear this problem wrong word...

• 4. Re: bad filemaker11..see it why..
                philmodjunk

1) Select Developer Utilities from the Tools menu.

2) What does your screen shot show? The PDF of the layout or the layout as shown directly on the FileMaker layout? Can you provide a translation of the text that was supposed to appear and a translation of the text that actually appeared?

What method did you use to create the PDF?

Save As PDF?

Or did you use Print with the PDF option?

Have you tried both options to see if there's a difference?

Have you tried changing the font to see if that makes a difference?

• 5. Re: bad filemaker11..see it why..
                  ibnalkatib

i used save as pdf..

i ask2 how can make fp7 to *.exe..in filemaker11 nt have runtime like filemaker7

• 6. Re: bad filemaker11..see it why..
                    philmodjunk

The difference in languages is making it hard to understand you. You haven't answered all my questions. Without knowing a lot more about your layout and database design there is no way to tell from here why you didn't get the results in your PDF that you expected.

i ask2 how can make fp7 to *.exe..in filemaker11 nt have runtime like filemaker7

Do you mean you want to take a file of type .fp7 and you want to change it into a file of .exe?

That cannot be done. That would be like taking a letter written in MS Word and saved as a .DOC file and converting it into the MS Word application file which is of type .exe.

• 7. Re: bad filemaker11..see it why..
                      ibnalkatib

i thing i am good ask you waht i need..it's easy in filemaker7 when convert *.fp7 to *.exe by runtime developer in filemaker..so in new version i cnt do that and cnt see tools for convert it..how?

• 8. Re: bad filemaker11..see it why..
                        philmodjunk

Neither Filemaker 7 developer nor FileMaker 11 advanced convert a .fp7 file into a .exe file. Instead, they make a copy of the FileMaker.exe file installed on your computer and a copy of the .fp7 file and place them in a new folder along with other support files needed in order for the run time database to operate. The .fp7 file is renamed to a different extension. The default extension is .USR, but you can choose other letters to use. A "bind key" is used to link the two files so that this "limited function" copy of the .exe file will only open and work with the database file you selected as part of the runtime solution.

In FileMaker 11 Advanced, you start the process of creating a runtime solution by selecting Developer Utilities from the Tools menu. See Help | Product Documentation | Development Guide for more details on how to do this.

• 9. Re: bad filemaker11..see it why..
                          JimMac

This a language translator of PhilModJunk's last post.... I hope it works..

بدلا من ذلك، لأنها تجعل نسخة من الملف FileMaker.exe المثبتة على جهاز الكمبيوتر الخاص بك ونسخة من الملف FP7. ووضعها في مجلد جديد مع ملفات الدعم الأخرى اللازمة من أجل قاعدة البيانات وقت التشغيل للعمل. تتم إعادة تسمية. FP7 الملف إلى ملحق آخر. الملحق الافتراضي هو. USR، ولكن يمكنك اختيار الحروف الأخرى للاستخدام. يتم استخدام "مفتاح ربط" لربط الملفين ذلك أن هذا "محدودة وظيفة" نسخة من الملف. EXE سيفتح فقط والعمل مع ملف قاعدة البيانات الذي حددته كجزء من الحل وقت التشغيل.

في فايل ميكر 11 متقدم، عليك أن تبدأ عملية إنشاء حلا وقت التشغيل من خلال تحديد المرافق مطور من القائمة أدوات. راجع التعليمات | وثائق المنتج | دليل التنمية لمزيد من التفاصيل حول كيفية القيام بذلك.

I use http://translate.google.com/
                          يرجى محاولة استخدام مترجم لغوي. هذا من http://translate.google.com.
                          We all want help!
                          Jim...
                          • 10. Re: bad filemaker11..see it why..
                            ibnalkatib

thx for all to help me...but i cnt find tools in my filemaker11..to make runtime developer...!!!

• 11. Re: bad filemaker11..see it why..
                              Sorbsbuster

You need to have Filemaker 11 Advanced to make a runtime file.

• 12. Re: bad filemaker11..see it why..
                                philmodjunk

Do you have FileMaker 11 or Filemaker Advanced? The tools menu and the ability to create runtime databases is only available in FileMaker Advanced.