3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 20, 2014 12:25 PM by taylord

Basic Layout Question

taylord

Title

Basic Layout Question

Apologies for the basic nature of this question. Search yielded unhelpful results.

Developing a landscape layout in FM Advanced 13 for iphone 6 plus accessed using FM GO 13. According to FM official screen stencil sizes:

http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/10678/kw/screen%20size%20layout/session/L3RpbWUvMTQxNjIzOTc1MS9zaWQvdjRUeXJGN20%3D

736 pixels is the usable landscape width. My layout (with tab control) is borderless and is exactly 736 pixels wide. So is tab control. When viewed landscape with 6 plus, right edge of layout exceeds screen area by approximately 1/3. This is not desirable. Phone is neither set to "Zoom" view in iOS 8 Settings, nor has the text size in iOS 8 been changed from the factory setting.

So please share with me the obvious detail(s) I am overlooking. Thank you for reading and, hopefully, your suggestions!

• 1. Re: Basic Layout Question
          eoin

Filemaker have not yet updated FMGO to take advantage of the iPhone 6's extra screen size.

While the screen resolution is mentioned in the stencil sizes, the application is unable to render or scale them appropriately on either the 6 or 6 plus.

In the interim if you need to get going with some layouts, your best option is to scale everything to the iPhone 5's screen size for it to display correctly on the 6. Hopefully an update is not far away. I share your frustration on this, buying a new device with extra resolution and screen size and not be able to use it as intended is becoming annoying at this stage. 

• 2. Re: Basic Layout Question
            taylord

Wow, thanks for the reply. Nice to know this information. I appreciate you taking the time.

• 3. Re: Basic Layout Question
              taylord

Thanks for the post above, I sincerely appreciate it.

FMGO app update 11/20/2014 thru App Store has fixed this issue!