2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 18, 2010 3:56 PM by ChrisBlackwell

Basic question - address lookup

ChrisBlackwell

Title

Basic question - address lookup

Hi there, new to FileMaker Pro 11 (just come over from 6) and I am pulling my hair out trying to do something which must be very easy.

I have created two databases, one with all my invoices and the other with all my addresses. The invoice database has a pop up menu to select client names. All I want to do is to select a client name in my invoice database and to have it enter the address automatically into the invoice database from the address database. I'm sure it's very straightforward but I can't work it out - if anyone has the time or inclination to help me then please assume I have no brain and talk me through it.

Many, many thanks!

Chris Blackwell

• 1. Re: Basic question - address lookup
          thong127

Make a relationships between the two tables, Invoice Table ::Client Name = Client Table::Client Name...client name in the Invoice Table is pop up menu or drop down menu it depends on you check auto complete using value list...the value list is from the field of Client Table (use Values from field client name). then your fields in your Invoice table the options should be lookup..(Invoice Table::Street Lookup) options..looked-up value..specify...look up from related table...Client Table....copy value from field ::Street...do this to all the rest you want to be automatically entered when you choose the client name.

• 2. Re: Basic question - address lookup
            ChrisBlackwell

Great, thanks fro the reply! Will get on to that and see how I get on. Many thanks once again!

Chris Blackwell