AnsweredAssumed Answered

Basic Sales Template

Question asked by SarahBeck on Jun 22, 2011
Latest reply on Jun 22, 2011 by philmodjunk

Title

Basic Sales Template

Hi all,

This question may have been asked many times, but I couldn't find anything in the forums.  I am looking for a very basic sales template.  I am brand new to Filemaker and don't have a lot of time right now to learn much about it. (I would study it more if I had the time, and will, but not at the moment!)  The invoice templates included in the starter systems are too bulky for me.  Basically I want to enter the sales as I make them each day in my retail shop and print off a receipt to hand to the customer if they need more than their credit card receipt.  I'd like to be able to put in the date, select the product from a drop down menu like you can do in the invoice templates (after entering products and their price etc) and have the tax and total calculated for me. I am sick of handwritten receipts! Smile I also want to be able to look at monthly/ yearly sales and tax totals. That's pretty much all I need.   I don't want to put in their address, because it isn't needed for a retail sale.  Is there a simple template out there for this?  I guess I basically want to use filemaker as my POS terminal....

I did also download the business productivity kit, which didn't help either.

Thanks,

Sarah...trying to get organised.

Outcomes