AnsweredAssumed Answered

Beginner // pivot table

Question asked by XavierGodron on Apr 2, 2014
Latest reply on Apr 3, 2014 by XavierGodron

Title

Beginner // pivot table

Hi,

I am new to FileMaker so the answer to my question may be really stupid...

I am developing a file to follow the OPEX of different project companies.

I have 2 tables: ProjectCompany & Invoices with a one to many relationship. The Invoices table has many fields in particular YearOfOperation, Amount and CategoryOfOPEX (8 categories). For each Project Company, I want to create something that looks like this:

Category OPEX                     Yr 1                     Yr 2                     Yr 3                     Yr 4                     Yr 5
                    1.                     Sum(amount)                                                                                        
                    2.                                                                                                              
                    3.                                                                                                              
                    4.                                                                                                              
                    5.                                                                                                              
                    6.                                                                                                              
                    7.                                                                                                              
                    8.                                                                                                              

I'd like the Sum(amount) to be usable to draw some charts and to compare with Business Plan.

This would be very easy with Excel but I have not managed to do this w/ FMP.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Outcomes